Friday, April 24, 2009

OUR TWO "OTHER CHILDREN"--BUGS AND CHA CHA

My husband and I are empty-nesters EXCEPT for our two "other children", Bugs and Cha Cha. They are our soon-to-be 5 years old Maltese "puppies". They will always be puppies to us, mainly due to their small size, each weighing around 5 pounds. We keep them confined to the tiled kitchen and utility room areas of our home where they have access to the outside via a doggie door. They can usually be found napping on their beds. I just recently moved the beds out to the kitchen area near a huge picture window. During the cold months I keep their beds in the utility room, as it is warmer and cozier for them. Notice the beds? I loved my homemade pattern so much that I actually compiled an eBook tutorial a couple of years ago and have been selling it ever since on Etsy. The "bed" is actually a standard sized "people" pillow that I have encased in a zippered waterproof cover (in case of mishaps), then it is covered with the "OH SEW SIMPLE--EASY CARE PET BED" that can easily be removed for washing.

WAKE UP YOU GUYS!



BUGS LOOKS UP FOR ME:



CHA CHA OPENS HER EYES FOR ME--BUT THAT'S ALL I GET!

4 comments:

Kimberly D. said...

Suzanne they are so cute!

Country Color Creations said...

They are so adorable!! And I love the names. We just got a new puppy on the 13th of this month. he is 4 months old and is a boston terrier. We named him Duddly. And very smart. Theresa Hill

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

I love their beds! That are so cute!

Marie Reed said...

I'm so glad to have found you and your blog! Your collars are amazing!